Account verification (a KYC check) is necessary for daily withdrawals in excess of 1 BTC or 50 ETH. It may also be needed before you can trade on some markets (if required by token issuer) and use certain auxiliary services.
For the purpose of account verification, Kanga Exchange requires that you provide scans or photographs of a state-issued identification document and a recent proof of residence document. Screen captures will not be accepted.
Please note that a proof of residence document is required even if the address of residence is shown on the ID document.
The files must be in JPG or PNG format. Maximum accepted file size is 3 MB.
- Identification document requirements:
- Acceptable forms of identification include: a state-issued ID card (both sides), driver’s license (both sides), or passport (photo page).
- The document must be valid (i.e. not expired or canceled).
- The document must show the user’s name in the Latin alphabet.
- All data on the document must be visible and legible. No parts of the document can be covered or obscured.
- All edges of the document must be visible.
- The image files cannot be altered in any way.
- Proof of residence document requirements:
- Acceptable proof of residence documents include: a utility bill (e.g. electricity, gas, water, phone or internet service, etc.), bank account or credit card statement, tax statement, insurance statement, mortgage statement, or lease agreement.
- The document must show the user’s name and full address in the Latin alphabet.
- The document must show the date of issue within the past 6 months.
How to verify your account
To start the account verification process, follow these steps:
- Log in to your account and go to Settings Personal data
- Click the Edit button in the Personal data section. Enter your full name and address (exactly as shown on you ID and proof of residence documents), then click Save.
- Click the Edit button in the Identification section. Select document type (ID card, passport, or driver’s license). Upload the file(s), then click Save.
- Click the Edit button in the Proof of residence section. Upload the file, then click Save.
- Make sure all data is entered correctly, then click Submit for verification.
You will be notified of the result of the verification process by e-mail. Should the KYC check fail (e.g. because of missing or invalid documents), you will be asked to correct the problem(s) and resubmit.