Account verification (a KYC check) is necessary for daily withdrawals in excess of 1 BTC or 50 ETH. It may also be needed before you can trade on some markets (if required by token issuer) and use certain auxiliary services.
For the purpose of account verification, Kanga Exchange requires that you provide scans or photographs of a state-issued identification document and a recent proof of residence document. Screen captures will not be accepted.
Please note that a proof of residence document is required even if the address of residence is shown on the ID document.
The files must be in JPG or PNG format. Maximum accepted file size is 3 MB.
- Identification document requirements:
- Acceptable forms of identification include: a state-issued ID card (both sides), driver’s license (both sides), or passport (photo page).
- The document must be valid (i.e. not expired or canceled).
- The document must show the user’s name in the Latin alphabet.
- All data on the document must be visible and legible. No parts of the document can be covered or obscured.
- All edges of the document must be visible.
- The image files cannot be altered in any way.
- Proof of residence document requirements:
- Acceptable proof of residence documents include: a utility bill (e.g. electricity, gas, water, phone or internet service, etc.), bank account or credit card statement, tax statement, insurance statement, mortgage statement, or lease agreement.
- The document must show the user’s name and full address in the Latin alphabet.
- The document must show the name of the issuer.
- The document must show the date of issue within the past 6 months.
How to verify your account
To start the account verification process, follow these steps:
- Log in and go to your account by clicking your e-mail in the top right corner.
- Click the Verification tab.
- Click the Get Started button.
- Follow the instructions.
- Once all the details are provided, click the ‘Finish’ button. Your documents will be sent to Customer Support and will be verified as soon as possible. In specific cases (e.g. when the documents are illegible, the personal data is incorrect) the process of verification may take up to 3 business days.
You will be notified of the result of the verification process by e-mail. Should the KYC check fail (e.g. because of missing or invalid documents), you will be asked to correct the problem(s) and resubmit.